Friday, May 27, 2005

Gray Matter

gray1 also grey ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gr)adj. gray·er, also grey·er gray·est, grey·est
Of or relating to an achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
1) Dull or dark: a gray, rainy afternoon.
2) Lacking in cheer; gloomy: a gray mood.
3) Having gray hair; hoary.
4) Old or venerable.
Intermediate in character or position, as with regard to a subjective matter: the gray area between their differing opinions on the film's morality.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought it'll be a good idea to take a wee wee before i buckle up for landing.Handed over controls to the Captain, and left the cockpit for the lavatory in the Business Class.Was at ease, and let the nature take its course.Took a quick glance at the mirror,you know,just in case.All looks okay,safe to be in the sight of passengers again.Hey.Bloody hell.What was that glitter on my head??

Just in case some of you guys out there is contemplating to call me a wuss,having gray hair was never the greatest fear in my life.But this time round it kinda bothers me.I related the discovery with such peculiarity,as tho it was a growth with possible death consequence.Why?Exactly....Y now?

Neway,was just bothered by the fact that people often relate having grey hair with stresses in life.So, i was caught with the motion of having to ask myself either i've been to hard on myself.At least people close to me seem to think so.Remembered was once called "A young man with an old soul".Well that kinda answers it.

Somethings just don't change.If you're a thinker,you probably will be for the rest of your life.Or the next.If you live a carefree life,well,good on you,you probably will stay that way.Some call it genetic,some say upbringing.But its if given a choice, i would rather think less.If you know what happen to people like Aristotle,Plato or Socrates, you would probably agree wit me.But like i said, somethings just don't change.

Of late, i realise that i have become so much of a perfectionist,that the stresses that come with it is chewing me.So burdensome it is that i yearn for the best in all areas of my life,that i'm thrusting undue stress right down on my chest.So sure that there is something that needs to be done before the high flyer in me crashes and burn.But it leads to the fact that most of the time you just don't become another person.Cause you are just you.And to change it is not impossible,but like driving against the flow of traffic, requires lots of effort and perseverence.

Don't think i'm heading anywhere close to changing myself, but it'll be quite an idea to take a walk in the park.And smell the roses,they say.I'll try.So help me father.

No comments: